Animals are amazing creatures. For some people, they can be good company while for other people, they can be dangerous. But the truth is that each animal across the globe has its own characteristics. People need to protect them as much as possible for the sake of nature!
Animals can be divided into two main groups: invertebrates (they are animals without backbones) and vertebrates (they are animals with backbones). You will be amazed to hear that only 5% of animals are vertebrates in the world. The rest 95% are invertebrates including molluscs (animals such as snails and octopuses), crustaceans (animals such as crabs and lobsters) and insects! Now, you are going to look at some unique facts about animals from all over the world.
1.Ostriches have multiple talents. They are capable to run faster than horses. When it comes to the males, they can roar like lions.
2.Male lions are the laziest ones. It’s the female lion who does 90% of the hunting.
3.In green areas, there is an average of over 40,000 spiders per acre.
4.Snakes are carnivores. In general, they only eat animals, often small ones like frogs, birds, insects and other small mammals.
5.The smallest dog in the world was a Yorkshire Terrier. It weighed just 4 ounces.
6.Whales, dolphins, alligators, crocodiles, water snakes, turtles, and other water going creatures will drown if stay underwater for too long.
7.There are one million ants for every human in the world.
8.If a goldfish is kept in a dark room, it will turn pale!
9.Cows can sleep while standing. However, they may only dream while lying.
10.Gorillas can catch human colds and many other illnesses.
11.An elephant has what it takes to smell water up to 3 miles away.
12.Anything with caffeine, cooked onions, macadamia nuts, or chocolate is harmful to dogs.
13.Stone Fish is the most poisonous fish in the world.
14.If a snail’s eye is cut off, it will grow another one.
15.Hippopotamus is born under the water.
16.A starving mouse can eat its own tail.
17.Oysters in the Caribbean can climb trees.
18.Birds have what it takes to identify landmarks. These are what they use to help them navigate.
19.79% of pet lovers sleep with their pets.
20.A cheetah can live up to 12 years in the wild.
21.There are 50 million monkeys in the world according to records.
22.A bush baby can live up to 14 years.
23.Indian elephants have smaller ears than African elephants.
24.Frogs need to blink to be able to swallow.
25.An adult lion’s roar can be heard up to 5 miles away.
Have these unique facts about animals impressed you? There are countless of other interesting facts about animals that you can discover! If you want to find more, you can check the huge array of animal themed slots at Kitty Bingo. There are various online slots available, themed on different types of animals. You simply need to make your choice before getting started!